Role and Responsibilities
The key aspect of the role is to develop Hi-Spirits brands across the independent free trade and regional key accounts by leveraging relationships with specified route to market customers including:
- On-trade accounts
- Off-trade accounts
Within this remit, the employee will be expected to:
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business within existing accounts.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organisation.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with teams to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Experience – Minimum 3-5 years service in the food and drink industry / good knowledge of relationships between brands, wholesalers and bars plus some knowledge of Spirits and management/supervisory experience.
- Focused – positive attitude, self-starter and has specific ideas on how they would approach the role. Persistence is a good quality to have as well as this can make the difference between a sale or a fail.
- Reliable – must be consistent and show evidence of adhering to deadlines.
- Communication – Must be able to communicate coherently and professionally with co-workers, managers and customers in a variety of environments.
Full driver’s license and own car.
Good connections within the Leeds/Sheffield/York/Hull bar industry – respected personality ideally.
The candidate should also be comfortable cold calling presenting and delivering training / tasting sessions.
Some degree of spirits production and cocktail knowledge would be advantageous, but not essential.
An enthusiasm for spirits and a drive to grow business using creative means will be advantageous in this role. A working knowledge of cocktails will also be looked upon favourably. Strong presentation skills are also desirable.