Reports to: Sales Manager
Salary: TBD (depending on experience)
Location: Field Based
Responsible for account management of a portfolio of regional key account groups in London. Management of a free trade accounts in postcode territory – with outlet focus based on the business brand segmentation model. Activates brands by implementing activation programmes in key outlets within a territory, recruiting consumers whilst improving distribution and visibility.
Key Responsibilities & Critical Success Measures:
- Working with minimum supervision, manage a core number of accounts within a territory to deliver the on-trade brand building plan and activation programme. Giving examples of activation, perfect serve, sampling, tailored competitions, menu presence, permanent unique brand visibility.
- Achieve preferred partner status with key outlets by developing tailored solutions to meet consumer needs and establishing expert status through advice on the spirits category, proposing range by segmentation.
- Deliver brand training modules to educate bar professionals and utilise Brand Managers and or Sales Managers to supplement this as appropriate.
- Record relevant outlet information via technology provided. In all outlets: record outlet information, activation and deliver appropriate presentations.
- Manage budgets to deliver KPI targets e.g. pouring accounts, menu presence, listings, activation, incentives
- Identifying opportunities via market intelligence and networking with customers to enable the targeting of the right consumers.
- Effectively plan and manage the working day to ensure coverage is achieved at key trading times of customers. This will involve evening work and a requirement to live within reasonable travelling distance of the core area.
- Ensure that customers are equipped to serve and promote the brand to consumers and enable them to become champions/ambassadors for our brands.
- Planning & Organising: Demonstrates an ability to plan, organise and execute activities using own initiative.
- Communication: Expresses self in a clear, succinct and compelling manner in both individual and group situations.
- Customer/consumer commitment: Knowing, understanding and delivering a high level of quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Business Awareness: Has a comprehensive understanding of own business area and its impact on the wider organisation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Broad knowledge of UK on-trade and strong commercial experience ideally with a Spirits background.
- Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of brand building with the ability to balance commercial delivery.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Experience of activating brands in the on-trade is essential.
- Financial acumen.
- Strong understanding of balance between commercial delivery and brand building agenda.
- Strong IT skills and able to use data to interpret insights.
- Strong presentation skills and experience at delivering training / presentations.
- Previous experience in sales or marketing is desirable.
- Experience working in a premium venue as a bartender is desirable.
- Ideally educated to degree level.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, credibility, trust and respect both internally and externally.
- Creative with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion to build and develop the on-trade business.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Ability to influence at a variety of levels.
- Adaptable and resilient.
- Works to add value.