Position: Brand Development Manager – London
Reports to: On-Trade National account Manager
Salary: TBD (depending on experience)
Place of work: Field Based
Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van winkle, Eagle rare and Sazerac Rye. Additional, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of Spirits including fireball, Southern Comfort, Paddy Irish Whiskey, Myer’s and Peychaud’s.
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, America family owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, ad most importantly, our people. Whether you are a recent graduate or an experience professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry.
Hi-Spirits is the UK subsidiary of Sazerac Company and is one of the UK’s leading spirit distributors and brand builders representing an award winning range of Sazerac owned and third party agency spirit brands.
We have a highly passionate and motivated team of industry professionals working across multiple functions including sales, marketing, finance, and operations. Our reach extends across all BWS channels in the UK and our key to success is building long term partnerships with some of the best operators in the industry to bring our brands to life.
Brand development managers are core members of the Hi-Spirits UK sales team. The role requires a passion for the drinks industry with the ability to plan, organise and execute proudly, winning trade and consumer hearts and minds. It is critical you have a self-starter, positive, solution focused attitude. You’d be working with a brilliant portfolio of brands to deliver growth within current and new venues within London whilst being an integral team player within our rapidly expanding global company.
Activates brands by implementing programmes in outlets within a territory, recruiting consumers whilst improving distribution and visibility, to grow customer relationships in agreed customer account base to achieve set targets.
Key Responsibilities & Critical Success Measures:
- Manage and develop sales across territory to drive brand growth.
- Target a range of outlets within the On-Trade sector, independent and multiple sites, restaurants, hotels, pubs, etc.
- Working with Wholesalers and their sales teams to educate and drive brand advocacy and mutual targets.
- Outlets are split between approximately 60% new and 40% existing business.
- Decision makers can be F & B professionals, through to owners, bartenders and procurement.
- Achieve agreed quarterly distribution and SCP targets as set.
- Develop account plans to activate the brands to win heart and minds.
- Align customer promotional activity to the Brand and Channel Plans, ensuring timely and value for money execution.
- Spending time with End users in developing a ‘need and demand’ for your portfolio.
- Be flexible in your time and sales approach, events, tastings, evenings and or weekends will be necessary (you will get time off back in lieu).
- Averaging 6-8 appointments per day, your diary is your own (with the exception of National Account visits).
- Based from home you will travel throughout the region.
- Demonstrates an ability to plan, organise and execute activities using own initiative.
- Expresses self in a clear, succinct and compelling manner in both individual and group situations.
- Customer/Consumer Commitment
- Knowing, understanding and delivering a high level of quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Business Awareness
- Has a comprehensive understanding of own business area and its impact on the wider organisation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A passion and love for food or drink. Have an awareness/interest in new market trends and consumer insight.
- Have a proven track record in proactive B2B sales.
- Strong F&B connections in London.
- Operate with integrity and professionalism. Be tenacious and creative with your new business approach.
- Have worked collaboratively with clients to create ‘win-win’ partnerships.
- Worked within the food & beverage sector. – Preferred
- Ran a territory and your own diary, making appointments, generating leads, journey planning etc.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, credibility, trust and respect both internally and externally.
- Creative with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion to build and develop the on trade business.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to influence at a variety of levels.
- Adaptable and resilient.
- Works to add value.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email email@example.com