Last Updated on November 30, 2023
Job Title – Brand Development Manager
Location – Edinburgh
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to join one of the most exciting spirits companies in the World, Sazerac UK is one of the UK’s leading spirit distributors and brand builders representing an award-winning range of Sazerac owned and third-party agency spirit brands. Our enviable, diverse portfolio of award-winning brands include Buffalo Trace, the UK’s largest American whiskey liqueur brand, Southern Comfort, and the number 1 sambuca brand in the UK, Antica Sambuca.
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual who has a solid understanding of the UK spirits market. Ideally, we are looking for candidates who have worked within the FMCG/ alcoholic beverages industry with Sales or Marketing experience. If you’re looking to make your mark in a fast-paced environment and join a rapidly growing drinks company, then this very special opportunity might just be for you.
Building brands by implementing activation programmes across on-trade outlets in Scotland with a key focus of Edinburgh. Delivering exceptional performance and execution, recruiting consumers through improving distribution and menu visibility of the Hi-Spirits portfolio.
Responsibilities & Critical Success Measures:
- Target specific high opportunity accounts and groups with in the On-Trade sector.
- Build and grow relationships to increase meaningful distribution, menu share and house pour agreements.
- Spending time with end users in developing a ‘need and demand’ for your portfolio.
- Working with wholesalers and their sales teams to educate and share information.
- Clients are split between approximately 40% new and 60% existing business (end users).
- Showcasing our portfolio range and key brands in the right venues working towards brand plans and driving rate of sale.
- Decision makers can be F & B professionals, through to owners, bartenders and procurement.
- Be flexible in your time and sales approach, events, tastings, evenings and or weekends will be necessary.
- Averaging minimum of 6 appointments per day, 4 days a week.
- Based on home you will travel throughout the region.
- Located centrally to core cities or willing to relocate.
- Planning & Organising
- Demonstrates an ability to plan, organise and execute activities using own initiative.
- Expresses self in a clear, succinct, and compelling manner in both individual and group situations.
- Customer/Consumer Commitment
- Knowing, understanding and delivering a high level of quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Business Awareness
- Has a comprehensive understanding of own business area and its impact on the wider organisation.
- Action Oriented
- Has a “can do” attitude, to positively influence towards the team, channel, and business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Have a proven track record in proactive B2B sales. Having sold to a wide range of decision makers.
- A passion and love for the drinks industry. Have an awareness/interest in new market trends and consumer insight.
- Existing knowledge and relationships with on trade and wholesale customers with in geographical area -preferred but not essential.
- Worked for a manufacturer selling either direct to end users or via distribution partners.
- Ran a territory and your own diary, making appointments, generating leads, journey planning etc.
- Operate with integrity and professionalism. Be tenacious and creative with your new business approach.
- Have worked collaboratively with clients to create ‘win-win’ partnerships.
- Worked within the food & beverage sector. – Preferred
- Networked throughout an organisation (both internal & external) – NPD teams, supply chain, R&D, production, quality etc. – Preferred
- A highly passionate and motivated team member.
- A key team player, with an understanding of importance of an individual in team culture.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, credibility, trust, and respect both internally and externally.
- Creative with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion to build and develop the on-trade business.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to influence at a variety of levels from the bartender, manager and owner.
- Adaptable and resilient.
- Works to add value.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email email@example.com