Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Salary: TBD (depending on experience)
Location: Merseyside / Lancashire
Activates brands by implementing activation programmes in outlets within a territory, recruiting consumers whilst improving distribution and visibility.
Key Responsibilities & Critical Success Measures:
- Target a range of businesses within the On-Trade sector, independent and multiple sites, restaurants, hotels, pubs, universities, leisure centres, etc. Spending time with End users in developing a ‘need and demand’ for your portfolio.
- Working with Wholesalers and their sales teams to educate and share information.
- Clients are split between approximately 40% new and 60% existing business (end users).
- Showcasing our huge range of over 60 spirits brands to key stakeholders/influencers.
- Decision makers can be F & B professionals, through to owners, bartenders and procurement.
- Be flexible in your time and sales approach, events, tastings, evenings and or weekends will be necessary (you will get time off back in lieu).
- Averaging 6-8 appointments per day, your diary is your own (with the exception of National Account visits).
- Based from home you will travel throughout the region.
- Located centrally to core area. (Liverpool)
- Planning & Organising
Demonstrates an ability to plan, organise and execute activities using own initiative.
Expresses self in a clear, succinct and compelling manner in both individual and group situations.
- Customer/Consumer Commitment
Knowing, understanding and delivering a high level of quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Business Awareness
Has a comprehensive understanding of own business area and its impact on the wider organisation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Have a proven track record in proactive B2B sales. Having sold to a wide range of decision makers.
- A passion and love for food or drink. Have an awareness/interest in new market trends and consumer insight.
- Worked for a manufacturer selling either direct to end users or via distribution partners.
- Ran a territory and your own diary, making appointments, generating leads, journey planning etc.
- Operate with integrity and professionalism. Be tenacious and creative with your new business approach.
- Have worked collaboratively with clients to create ‘win-win’ partnerships.
- Sold to the HORECA sector. – Preferred
- Worked within the food & beverage sector. – Preferred
- Networked throughout an organisation (both internal & external) – NPD teams, supply chain, R&D, production, quality etc. – Preferred
- Hold a full UK drivers Licence
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, credibility, trust and respect both internally and externally.
- Creative with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion to build and develop the on trade business.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to influence at a variety of levels.
- Adaptable and resilient.
- Works to add value.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org