Last Updated on November 30, 2023
Location: North of the UK (North of Nottingham, including Scotland)
Account Management of a portfolio of around 100 accounts:
The Bond and Royal team are responsible for building Sazerac’s reputation as having one of the most desired spirits portfolios in the world. This will be done by increasing brand distribution and visibility, accelerating sales and developing brand equity of the B & R UK portfolio within the Prestige and Specialist sectors of on and off trade outlets. They will build and manage influential account and wholesaler relationships to grow sales, advocacy, and partnership activation amongst this influential community.
Key Responsibilities & Critical Success Measures:
- Manage a core number of accounts within a territory to deliver the Bond & Royal brand building plan and activation programme. (Perfect Serve, Sampling, Tailored Competitions, Menu Presence, permanent unique brand visibility, Single Cask Sales, Whisky Shows.)
- Deliver incremental profit from this super premium portfolio within the UK prestige on and off trade. – As a team double Net Sales and Profit every year over the next three years.
- Implement and cultivate “Lighthouse” strategy to embed our brands within the most influential operators of prestige and specialist on and off trade retailers. Grow distribution and activation to increase visibility and advocacy for the portfolio of brands within venue. Create a community of external brand ambassadors within these customers to drive engagement and fame our brands amongst the trade key opinion leaders.
- Achieve preferred partner status with key outlets by developing tailored solutions to meet consumer needs and establishing expert status through advice on the Spirits Category, (with a focus on premium/super premium) proposing range by segmentation.
- Adopt a consultative approach to deliver real value for your customers through brand training and education, access to unique and exclusive products, such as Single Casks and Buffalo Trace Distillery NBD. Establish Sazerac as the experts of the American Whiskey category within the UK.
- Manage budgets to deliver headline KPI of doubling net sales and profit each year. As well as other KPIs e.g Pouring Accounts, Menu Presence, Listings, Activation, Incentives etc.
- Identifying opportunities via market intelligence and networking with customers to identify key HNWI (High Net Worth Individuals) within the territory.
- Build relationships and engage with third party Brand Ambassadors (Dunville’s, Paul John, Warner’s etc) to execute Brand Activations and trainings with consumers and customers alike.
- Effectively plan and manage the working day to ensure coverage is achieved at key trading times of customers. This will involve evening work and a requirement to live within reasonable travelling distance of the core area.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset – Self-motivated to take ownership and drive sales direction of the prestige portfolio with credibility and creativity.
- Organisational Agility – Build constructive, collaborative and long term internal and external relationships of genuine depth. Able to demonstrate a comprehensive current network of relationships Within the Prestige sector.
- Planning – Demonstrates an ability to plan, organise and execute activities using own initiative. Action and results orientated with strong ability to prioritise and act with pace and conviction within a high growth business environment.
- Presentation Skills – Expresses self in a clear, succinct and compelling manner in both individual and group situations.
- Customer Focus – Knowing, understanding and delivering a high level of quality service to both internal and external customers. A whole business mindset, building advocacy in the prestige environment to enable broader portfolio sales opportunities within that environment and other sales channels.
- Business Acumen – Has a comprehensive understanding of own business area and its impact on the wider organisation. Ability to develop and negotiate partnership agreements with new and existing customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Broad knowledge of UK trade and strong commercial experience ideally with a Spirits background.
- Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of brand building with the ability to balance commercial delivery.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Experience of activating brands in the On Trade is essential.
- Financial acumen.
- Strong understanding of balance between commercial delivery and brand building agenda.
- Strong IT skills and able to use data to interpret insights
- Strong presentation skills and experience at delivering training / presentations.
- At least 3 years of account management within the spirits industry.
- Awareness of the prestige market and industry trends.
- A strong interest in super premium spirits.
- Ideally educated to degree level.
- Ideally WSET qualification Level 2. General certificate in Distilling (GCD) preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, credibility, trust and respect both internally and externally.
- Comfortable presenting to large groups of people. Ability to tailor presentations to suit customer/consumer level.
- Creative with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion to build and develop the B & R business.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to influence at a variety of levels.
- Adaptable and resilient.
- Works to add value.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org