The Last Drop Distillers is a luxury spirits brand, specialising in seeking out and bottling the world’s most remarkable spirits from Scotland, Cognac and the rest of the world. Acquired by US spirits giant Sazerac Inc. in 2016, we now combine our singular objectives with the resources to grow our inventory of maturing stocks, securing our long-term future.
We are now seeking to consolidate and grow our global sales model, including an expansion of our Direct to Consumer distribution network.
The role will cover the Maternity leave of the current Commercial Director.
The candidate will:
• Have a minimum of 10 years of sales experience, ideally in the luxury sector and specifically with experience in spirits/wine/food
• Have a ‘black-book’ of HNWI and trade contacts that can be tapped immediately
• Have excellent communication skills
• Be familiar with luxury consumer brands and marketing
• Be prepared to travel
• Feel confident in talking about wines and spirits –preferably with WSET qualifications
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Commercial Director’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
1. MANAGEMENT OF OUR TRADE ROUTE IN KEY PRIORITY MARKETS.
• Management of existing trade customers in Asia: Hong Kong, Singapore (excluding mainland China), Australia.
• Management of existing Duty-Free customers (including relationship with third party agents)
• Oversight and management of sales in Europe, UK and USA
2. MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT OF OUR PRIVATE CUSTOMER NETWORK (D2C)
• Build and maintain strong relationships with private and Direct to Consumer customers
• Management of existing private customers
• Development and management of Direct to Consumer sales
3. BUILDING SALES IN PRIORITY MARKETS
• Development of lapsed business areas
• Development of strategic new business areas e.g.
i. Greater Asia, e.g. Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines
4. BRAND AMBASSADORSHIP & PRODUCT TRAINER
• Complete full immersion and training in The Last Drop Distillers.
• Develop detailed product knowledge of each wine/spirits category that we work with and present with confidence to both –
i. our customer base of high-net worth individuals
ii. our trade customers (staff trainings etc.)
• Build brand equity and awareness among key influencers, trade and current and potential consumers
5. SALES MANAGEMENT
• Global pricing strategy
• Global & regional stock allocations
• Accurate sales forecasting & target setting
• Work with Sales & Logistics Administrator to ensure timely (and strategic delivery) of stock to customers
• Weekly and monthly reporting to the Management Team
6. LINE MANAGEMENT
• Coach and develop our Trade Sales Account Manager & Sales & Logistics Administrator to ensure a clear career path and success in their roles
Cover Period: 6-8 months
Location: based in Kingston-upon-Thames
If you would like to apply for this role, please email Cecily Chappel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated on