Reports to: Finance Director, Northern Europe Operations
Responsible for: 2 direct reports and a team of 6 in total
Internal Key Relationships: Leadership team of Hi-Spirits UK, Ireland, The Last Drop and Netherlands. Sazerac finance team (particularly consolidation and treasury teams)
Company Overview: Hi-Spirits are a highly successful drinks distributor, part of privately held US beverage company Sazerac. Due to continued growth within the business we are looking to recruit for a newly created Financial Controller position that will report directly into the Finance Director, Northern Europe Operations.
Job Purpose: This newly created role reports directly to the Finance Director Northern Europe Operations, collaboratively managing all areas of financial control, financial planning, accounts receivable and accounts payable. It is also the primary contact to the Sazerac finance team (based in the US).
The Financial Controller is a key role to partner the Northern Europe businesses (Hi-Spirits UK, Ireland, The Last Drop and Netherlands) to ensure compliance with all relevant statutory, tax and legal requirements and provide timely insightful analysis to support decision making in order to reach the ambitious growth targets.
Key Responsibilities and Critical Success Factors:
- Managing and coaching 2 direct reports and wider team of 6, conducting regular performance and development discussions and promoting the Sazerac culture.
- Reporting of monthly performance across the group, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flows in line with Sazerac corporate reporting standards
- Month end/forecast/budget reporting
- Supporting the FD with the budgeting process
- Lead/facilitate the preparation of UK and Ireland year end statutory accounts under IFRS
- Assisting with consolidation process under IFRS
- Support the preparation of Alcohol Duty, VAT, Intrastat and corporation tax submissions
- Accounting for transfer pricing
- Reviewing and reporting of cash positions, including a short and long-term cash flow analysis
- Liaising with external auditors throughout the audit process
- Liaising with other external advisors as appropriate prior to and during year end processes
- Continuing review of impact and development of international accounting standards IFRS and US GAAP
- Advising on and implementing changes to standards for the UK and Ireland business.
- Completing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Completing technical accounting reviews with the assistance of the Finance Director
- Working with other members of the finance team to develop analytical reports and presentations to non-finance heads of departments
- Own the financial integrity and accuracy of transactional processing, consolidation and reporting
- Ad hoc projects as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or overseas equivalent)
- Previous experience in financial control managing a team
- Previous experience in IFRS reporting standard (US GAAP advantageous)
- Ideally experienced with tax matters, especially duty
- Strong MS Excel skills is an advantage
- Positive and pro-active work ethic with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to build strong relationships within finance and non-finance across several geographies
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
- Be a team player with excellent attention to detail
- Pro-active in seeking and suggesting ways to improve process/system efficiency
- Have a natural curiosity with the ability to operate in the detail and high level
Last Updated on