Last Updated on November 30, 2023
Reports to: Senior National Account Manager
Salary: TBD (depending on experience)
Location: Field Based
Role: Key Account Manager
Account Management of Key Accounts Groups.
Key Account manager role is responsible for building one of the most desired spirits portfolios in the world. Focused on driving brand distribution and volume by implementing commercial and activation programmes within small managed retail groups across the UK. They will build and manage a core number of key accounts, whilst gaining new business and wholesaler relationships to grow sales.
Key Responsibilities & Critical Success Measures:
- Be accountable for directly managing on-trade outlets to deliver incremental sales across key small managed groups, through growing meaningful distribution and menu presence in new and existing customers.
- Strong management skills with good experience in leading tenders from planning, commercials, presentation skills and presenting to customers to deliver company objectives and KPI’s.
- Implement promotional activity that is in line with brand guidelines to engage, build and drive brand performance and awareness.
- Manage customer P&Ls to unlock and deliver.
- Achieve preferred partner status with key outlets by developing tailored solutions to meet consumer needs and establishing expert status through advice on the Spirits Category, proposing range by segmentation.
- Identifying opportunities via market intelligence and networking with customers.
- Ensure, that customers are equipped to serve and promote the Brand to consumers and enable them to become champions/ambassadors for our brands.
- Record CRM data on to capture sales call, distribution and promotional activity data.
- Build cross functional relationships to inspire and influence both internal and external stakeholder management.
- Planning & Organising
- Demonstrates an ability to plan, organise and execute activities using own initiative.
- Expresses self in a clear, succinct, and compelling manner in both individual and group situations.
- Customer/Consumer Commitment
- Knowing, understanding and delivering a high level of quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Business Awareness
- Has a comprehensive understanding of own business area and its impact on the wider organisation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Strong communication is vital
- Broad knowledge of UK on trade and strong commercial experience ideally with a Spirits background.
- Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of brand building with the ability to balance commercial delivery.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Financial acumen.
- Strong understanding of balance between commercial delivery and brand building agenda.
- Strong IT skills and able to use data to interpret insights
- Strong presentation skills and experience at delivering training / presentations.
- Previous experience in sales is essential.
- Experience working in a premium venue as a bar tender is desirable.
- Ideally educated to degree level.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, credibility, trust and respect both internally and externally.
- Creative with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion to build and develop the on trade business.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to influence at a variety of levels.
- Adaptable and resilient.
- Works to add value and driven by pride.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org