Last Updated on May 11, 2022
Reports to: Sales Director
Responsible for: Translating our brand building and commercial strategic ambitions into an effective and cohesive plan to deliver market leading activation and execution in the grocery & ecommerce channels
Full Channel P&L responsibility.
Leadership of the strategic direction of the channel, developing and delivering against customer and commercial strategies to ensure we deliver ambitious commercial targets.
Recruiting, leading and developing a national account team to ensure we have the best talent in the market.
Internal key relationships: Managing Director, Sales Director, Finance Director, Marketing Director, Brand Managers, Supply Chain, channel NACs, Finance Team.
Job Purpose: To grow and optimise sales, visibility, net sales value and profit contribution for Hi-Spirits in grocery and ecommerce customers.
Key Responsibilities & Critical Success Measures:
• Lead, motivate and develop a team of NAM / NAE to deliver ambitious brand and commercial objectives.
• Set and lead the execution of high standards.
• Deliver budgeted volume and profit via effective sales strategies.
• Develop and promote talent
• Lead and develop our senior customer relationships across the channel.
• Actively contribute towards corporate and commercial strategic development & lead successful implementation against those strategies.
• Develop and deliver customer joint business plans with the direct team and broader commercial team to deliver against individual brand and customer ambitions.
• Develop and deliver successful partnerships with priority customers.
• Lead cross functional team of sales, marketing team and commercial finance to deliver brand building initiatives against customer joint business plans.
• Lead the delivery of channel KPIs with the support of the Finance Director and Sales Director.
• Ensure adherence to and implementation of appropriate controls, routines, systems and reporting to enable delivery.
• Commercial Excellence – Uses commercial knowledge to drive profitable, accelerated business growth.
• Customer Commitment – Knowing, understanding and delivering a high level of quality service to both internal and external customers.
• Business Awareness – Has a comprehensive understanding of own business area and its impact on the wider organisation.
• Influencing – Demonstrates and ability to persuade, convinces others to follow a course of action.
• Strategic thinking – Design strategies to advance the Hi Spirits business in the channel
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Detailed knowledge of UK grocery and ecommerce customers.
- Excellent commercial experience with proven record of delivery.
- Comprehensive understanding and proven record of brand building and commercial target achievement.
- Proven leadership and coaching skills.
- Proven track record of delivering joint business plans and brand building initiatives via a cross-functional team.
- Ability to be agile and prioritise effectively.
- Experience of using category management and solution selling to form persuasive commercial propositions that drive value and volume growth.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Analytical with strong financial awareness and commercial judgement.
- Strong strategic thinking and the ability to create strategic plans.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Drive for results.
- Tenacious and ambitious.
- High personal Impact.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, credibility, trust and respect both internally and externally.
- Thrives under pressure.
- Creative with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion to build and develop our business and team.
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to network across functions and influence at a senior level internally and externally.
- Confident communicator with good interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and driven.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org