Reports to: On Trade National Account Controller
Salary: TBD (depending on experience)
Location: Midlands – Field Based
Taking full ownership of your role you will employ a consultative selling approach; you will drive distribution through both existing and new business On Trade accounts. Your key objectives are to optimise sales, build and activate brands whilst managing Net Sales Value and profit contribution within agreed budgets and brand guidelines.
Key Responsibilities & Critical Success Measures:
- Manage customer accounts in all commercial aspects to deliver budgeted volume and financial objectives.
- Liaise with the Marketing team to deliver appropriate brand building initiatives.
- To produce and implement key customer account plans that delivers Brand and Channel strategy to exceed volume and profit targets.
- Maximise the distribution of company products in line with KPIs in designated accounts and introduce new appropriate brands.
- Establish positive relationships and joint working practices with the designated customers through effective cross functional networking.
- Contribute to development of the National Account Strategy ensuring fit with UK On Trade Strategy.
- Produce volume forecasts by brand through analysis of data (internal supplied and customer sales out).
- Through the yearly plan and matrix, maintain the agreed level and frequency of contact to maximise time and opportunities.
- Develop JBP’s Account Plans for top Customers.
- Commercial Excellence
Uses commercial knowledge to drive profitable business growth.
- Customer Commitment
Knowing, understanding and delivering a high level of quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Business Awareness
Has a comprehensive understanding of own business area and its impact on the wider organisation.
Demonstrates and ability to persuade, convinces others to follow a course of action.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Broad knowledge of UK on trade and strong commercial experience ideally with a Spirits background; your spirits knowledge should span all major categories.
- Ability to be adaptable and manage a demanding workload whilst prioritising effectively.
- Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of brand building with the ability to balance commercial delivery.
- Experience of using data to form persuasive commercial propositions that drive value and volume growth.
- Strong problem-solving skills and able to identify sales/ brand opportunities.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Good numeric ability with the ability to identify insights from data together with a high level of IT skills.
- Good understanding of category management principles to develop commercial propositions that drive value and volume growth.
- Earlier career experience of having worked behind a bar where the curation of cocktail lists and event management has been implemented.
- A full UK valid driving licence.
- Educated to degree level.
- Level 2 WSET qualification.
- Previous management of major On Trade National Accounts, specifically beneficial will be vertical / lateral contacts in the M&B / Marston’s account.
- Good understanding and proven experience of successful on trade brand launches.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, credibility, trust and respect both internally and externally.
- Creative with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion to build and develop the On-Trade business.
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to network across functions and influence at a senior level internally and externally.
- Confident communicator with good interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Passion for the On Trade with a desire to exceed expectations
If you would like to apply for this role, please email email@example.com