Reports to: HR
Salary: TBD (depending on experience)
Location: Head Office, Kingston upon Thames
We are looking for a Cook to join our office in Kingston upon Thames.
Your responsibilities include preparing the lunch menu for the week and list of ingredients needed for the recipes. The office manager will then order these for you. You will be responsible for the preparation of lunch daily for the office. As your workspace it will be your responsibility to keep the kitchen clean and tidy.
Key Responsibilities & Critical Success Measures:
- Source each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients for the daily office lunches
- Cook food in a timely manner for lunch to be ready at 12.30.
- Slightly modify recipes to meet employee needs (e.g. vegetarian option)
- Monitor food stock and place orders
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
- Keep the kitchen and tea point areas clean and fully stocked.
- Ensure everything is cleaned and put away before leaving for the day.
- Planning & Organising
Demonstrates an ability to plan, organise and execute activities using own initiative.
Expresses self in a clear, succinct and compelling manner in both individual and group situations.
- Customer/Consumer Commitment
Knowing, understanding and delivering a high level of quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Business Awareness
Has a comprehensive understanding of own business area and its impact on the wider organisation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment
- Knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
- Excellent time management abilities
- Relevant food safety certificate
If you would like to apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org