Title: Operations and Logistics Director – UK & Ireland
Line Manager: Chief Global Business Officer
Location: Office based, Hampton Wick KT1 4BH
Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Paddy Irish Whiskey, Tuaca and Peychaud’s.
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry.
Hi-Spirits is the UK subsidiary of Sazerac Company and is one of the UK’s leading spirit distributors and brand builders representing an award-winning range of Sazerac owned and third-party agency spirit brands. Our enviable, diverse portfolio of award-winning brands include the UK’s fastest growing bourbon brand, Buffalo Trace, the UK’s largest American whiskey liqueur brand, Southern Comfort, and the number one sambuca brand in the UK, Antica Sambuca.
We have a highly passionate and motivated team of industry experts working across multiple functions including Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operations. Our reach extends across all BWS channels in the UK and our key to success is building long term partnerships with some of the best operators in the industry to bring our brands to life. We’re proud to say we do things a little differently to other drinks companies, highlighted by our belief in bringing the right brands to each consumer through a multi-faceted and flexible approach. An approach which allows us to work with a wide array of brands from category leaders to new, incubator brands.
The Operations and Logistics Director is a core member of the UK and Ireland leadership teams. This role requires a deep understanding of the customer, channel, and consumer drivers to balance and drive accurate S&OP, innovation pipeline planning, and world class customer logistics service to drive long term growth. Leadership for core (non-financial) IS requirements/delivery are central to success in this broad supply/commercial focused role. Additionally, as we are a rapidly expanding company Globally, this role is expected to provide strategic and thought leadership inputs towards Sazerac’s future operational and organizational design.
- Lead overall logistics efforts for UK and Ireland, warehousing, and transportation, and continual improvement efforts
- Supply & Demand Planning leadership
- Leadership for supply and demand plan forecasting at brand, SKU, customer, channel levels.
- Develop & communicate volume and profit objectives in partnership with country Leadership teams – sales, finance, and marketing.
- S&OP planning leadership, including KPI development/management.
- Logistics and customer service performance. Innovation planning systems and processes.
- Sales Reporting: Accurate and actionable sales reporting on a daily, monthly basis.
- Constant Process and Cost Optimisation
- Third Party Management
- Manage supplier capacity to maximize growth opportunities.
- Stock management and compliance in line with 3rd party and regulatory compliance requirements
- Logistics workflow leadership, including supplier/country KPI performance metrics.
- Performance KPIs
- Monitor & ensure goal attainment of these objectives through KPI’s and volumetric and brand contribution by market measures.
- KPI development and management for: S&OP planning.
- Organizational leadership
- Cross functional leadership and project plan management of priority business projects: o NPD process development and implementation (stage-gate management of ongoing projects). Overall supply plan timeline and project plan leadership. NPD (per Sanitizers) projects that are not brand specific lead. o Supply tenders for brand-lead projects
- Leadership for IS systems (non-finance), logistics, commercial planning, and innovation project management.
- Build a customer service culture within Sazerac Operations and lead the organisation in delivering world class customer service. Drive development of systems and processes that measure and deliver value to exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Action Oriented
- Building Effective Teams
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Priority Setting
- Results, Drive for
- Decision Quality
- Process Management
- Understanding Others
- Business Acumen
- Time Management
If you would like to apply for this role, please email email@example.com