Reports to: Marketing Manager
Salary: TBD (depending on experience)
Who we are
Hi-Spirits is one of the UK’s leading spirit distributors with a diverse portfolio of award-winning brands. From heavyweights like Southern Comfort, Fireball and Antica Sambuca, to premium bar favourites such as Buffalo Trace, Fernet-Branca and Antica Formula, along with innovative new brands such as Scapegrace Gin, our dynamic portfolio cannot be ignored.
Rogue Society Distilling Co is the fastest growing independent spirits company in New Zealand. Our mission is to take New Zealand’s finest range of spirit brands to the world and build a global premium spirits company. We are currently exporting to over 40 countries spanning all corners of the world, however our journey has only just begun.
Do you want to join us on the next phase of the company’s continued evolution and have you a burning desire to make a difference and carve out the next success story here in the UK?
Due to the continued significant growth we are looking to add a UK Brand Development Ambassador to the team responsible for driving sales and points of distribution further across both the on-trade and independent off-trade channels.
Scapegrace Gin UK Brand Development Ambassador.
This role will involve working directly with our UK distribution partner- Hi-Spirits.
Together with their wider regional and London based sales team, we are looking for an energetic and results orientated Brand Development Ambassador who has a strong commercial understanding of the premium beverage industry across the UK, and can apply such to the ongoing sales development and brand advocacy of Scapegrace across the UK gaining incremental POD’s and increased rate of sale for the brand, across both on premise and independent specialist retail.
- Target a range of outlets within the On-Trade, independent and multiple sites, casual dining, hotels, pubs, premium and influential bars etc. Spending time with End users in developing a ‘need and demand’ for Scapegrace
- Draw up and develop a target list of independent specialist retail, off-trade accounts across the UK for Scapegrace and work to gain the clients buy-in and placement of Scapegrace within noted premises. Ensure shelf space is maximised and ideal positioning is maintained per global brand standards.
- Working with wholesalers and their sales teams to educate and drive Scapegrace distribution and sales.
- Become the face of the brand locally across all channels and customers alike and obtain their trust, loyalty and ongoing support for the brand.
- Drive bartender awareness and brand advocacy.
- Confident in hosting events such as; tastings, trade shows, consumer engagements etc.
- Develop new and manage existing relationships amongst both the on-trade and independent specialist retail.
- Be comfortable at negotiating and working across all levels of the business. Decision makers can be F & B professionals, through to owners, bartenders and procurement.
- Be flexible in your time and sales approach, events, tastings, evenings and/or weekends will be necessary (you will get time off back in lieu).
- Averaging 6-8 appointments per day, your diary is your own.
- Based from home you will travel throughout the UK and have access to the Hi-Spirits office for admin days, based in Kingston Upon Thames.
Personal Characteristics & experience required;
- Premium alcoholic beverage experience essential.
- Sound commercial experience 2 Years+.
- Experience in budget/cost models and an understanding of P&L.
- Strong bar tender network and existing contact base within the trade. Premium cocktail-bar tending experience/management highly advantageous
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, credibility, trust and respect both internally and externally.
- Creative with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion to build and develop the on-trade business.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to influence at a variety of levels.
- Adaptable and resilient.
- Works to add value.
- Flexibility and willingness to work some weekends for the purposes of representing the brand at events around the UK and occasionally across the EU.
- Clean full UK driving licence is advantageous.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org