Reports to: Southern Comfort Brand Manager
Salary: TBD (depending on experience)
Location: Field Based – Required to be in the office once a week (Kingston)
The UK Whiskey Ambassador is responsible for driving education and awareness of Hi-Spirits impressive whiskey portfolio within the UK drinks industry. This role works closely with our Marketing and Sales teams as well as select key trade partners to achieve set objectives. As the UK Whiskey Ambassador focused on a defined portfolio of brands you will be the trade expert, and representative for Hi-Spirits Whiskey portfolio offering, supporting our sales team and key accounts to drive advocacy, education and activation in outlet.
Key Responsibilities & Critical Success Measures:
- Brand Education & Engagement: Develop, implement and manage Brand Education programmes including incentives, competitions, training sessions & workshops.
- Drink Strategy: Develop Whiskey portfolio drink strategy creation, implementation and assets and act as consultant with key accounts on menu support and drink creation.
- Internal and External Advocacy: Build and retain key account relationships, support BDM’s in ensuring whiskey portfolio focus in target outlets with presence on menu. Train, Mentor and excite internal teams on category and trends – representing the wider portfolio across key trade events where applicable.
- Brand Plan Execution: Work with brand marketing to bring UK brand plans to life with a focus on trade menu listing support and drink strategy execution. Generate brand plan amplification on social media through trade networks and industry influencers.
- Represent the Whiskey portfolio: Embody Hi-Spirits Whiskey portfolio brands within the trade and at key industry events: act as the expert who identifies opportunities for the brand to engage with influential bartenders and gatekeepers – with a focus on Southern Comfort, Buffalo Trace, Buffalo Trace Distillery Brands and Paddy Irish Whiskey.
- Reporting & KPIs: Weekly and monthly reporting to Brand Manager on agreed quarterly KPIs; review competitor and industry trends and present key findings to the wider team on a quarterly basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years nightlife industry experience (on-trade sales, restaurant/bar management)
- Bartender experience; must be able to keep pace with top-end bartenders
- An existing network within the UK spirits industry
- Experience with or broad understanding of National Accounts in the market
- Extensive knowledge and interest in the American & Irish Whiskey category
- Active and well-networked on multiple social media platforms
- Ability to travel overnight as required
- Budget management skills
- Charismatic and confident; articulate and at ease when presenting to large groups
- Passionate about Southern Comfort, Buffalo Trace and Paddy
- Understand trends in the industry and competent at drinks creation with knowledge of classic cocktails
If you would like to apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org